R U L E S
v.8.3bis, May 4th, 2021
1) Award: The GSRC-SSFG, Swiss Castles Amateurs Group, together with the WWFF (WorldWide Flora Fauna, http://www.wwff.co/ ) founded the HBFF, Switzerland and Liechtenstein Natural Parks Award, that may be issued to YL, OM and SWL. To achieve the award the applicant should give evidence to have activated at least 5 different parks, or to have had complete QSO with, or heard if SWL, at least 10 different parks among the valid HBFF References.
2) Rules: The HBFF Rules substitute the WWFF Rules, as provided therein, for the National Award of the Switzerland and Liechtenstein Parks.
3) References: The assignment of new references is made by the Management referred to in point 12. Anyone can report new references, the management will evaluate the validity of the requests and when necessary will insert them in the WWFF list. In the case of references proposed by an OM / YL, the proponent is granted the privilege of activating it first; this privilege, or custom, expires 2 months after publication on the list. In order to avoid unpleasant cancellations, it is recommended that activators, before activating a new reference, always announce it in advance, as required in point 10 below, inquiring with management if there are still any limitations to activation.
4) Bands and Modes: QSO can be done on all assigned amateur bands and allowed modes.
5) Validity: Only the contacts with amateur stations operating from inside the parks acknowledged by WWFF in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and identified as HBFF-nnnn are valid.
6) Award issuing: they are released to any YL, OM or SWL that will send to the Management:
7) Awards: They are
in the form of a printable
.pdf or .jpg file, coloured, personalized; if the Award will be sent by email
it will have no cost. On request it may also be in the form of a personalized
printed small paper, 297 x
8) Updating and Honour Roll:
9) HBFF Honour
This award is momentarily suspended.
This award is momentarily suspended.
10) Activations: The activation, that is to be announced, is accepted and validated only if the operator follows the HBFF rules and the following requisites:
· It is possible to activate two HBFF References for each day, but activating only one reference, or park, at a time.
· The station (aerials, radio sets, power supply, etc) must be located and must transmit from inside the park.
· At least 100 valid QSO should be done, it is mandatory the use of at least 2 bands; use of 20m band with a signifiant number of QSOs is very recommended; it is also mandatory a minimum operating time of 2 hours from the 1st QSO on the same Reference. For serious reasons or troubles the Award Management may allow exceptions to these rules.
· COVID19 WAIVER: Quorum is reduced to 51 QSOs.
· In special cases and on prior request, the management can allow to carry out a greater number of HBFF References activations a day, without prejudice however to the other conditions.
· The Credit for the activated Reference will be given, both as Hunter and as Activator, to the YL or OM that takes part, but only if operating at the Radio, during the Activation.
· To validate the activation, the Activator must send to the management, within 30 days from the end of operations, the following documents : ADIF log files suitable for WWFF uploading, clear self made digital photographic documentation proving the activation; if, it will be possible, the photographic documentation of the reference only, no aerials nor operators in the image; the Station Callsign and the list of all Operator's Callsigns, if different, and permissions obtained for the activation, if any.
· The operators living in the HBFF Reference must send the geographical coordinates of their stations, or the Position file.
· If informations are missing, even if the log is sent, the QSOs will be considered valid for the hunters, but the activation will not be credited to the activator and the operators.
· The sending of documents must be by email, better to the email address of the HBFF Management email@example.com .
· The Management will take care to forward the log, if validated, to the WWFF.
11) Acceptance: The Candidates to the Awards have read and accepted under implicit agreement these HBFF rules, and they must comply with the rules, customs, laws and codes in force in the country where this activity takes place, referring in particular to the “Ethic and operating procedures for Radio Amateur” edited by IARU Region 1.
12) Management: Management decisions are final.
Every correspondence with the Management, concerning the HBFF Award or its Expeditions and activities will be by email preferably to the official management's email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Management is composed by:
· Luciano Lucini, HB9FBI, P.O.Box 215, CH-6760 CARI’; email@example.com ;
· Augusto Battistoni, HB9TZA , Mordasini 7, CH-6500 BELLINZONA; firstname.lastname@example.org ;
· Claudio Galbusera, HB9EFJ , Vicolo Asilo 1, CH- 6600 MURALTO; email@example.com ;